Friday, April 29, 2011

Getting ready for our first big couponing trip!

Ok! The last three days I have been scouring the internet and my coupons I've been saving since March, and after literally ALL day yesterday I got my coupons clipped, sorted and filed in my brand new binder! I know, crazy to be so excited about such a silly thing - BUT it feels so good to have them all sorted. I had watched several videos on the different methods to sorting coupons, and for awhile I was sorting them by date. For that method I saved the entire store or coupon insert (from the Sunday paper) and filed it by date. This was fairly easy because when I would go to couponmom and just grab the section and search for whichever coupon I needed. This was realllly super tedious, so I saw the other way (which is, admittedly, what Brian wanted me to start with in the first place LOL!) is to clip and sort from the beginning. Had I done this all along I'm certain it would not have taken me so long yesterday! However, having said that this made creating my list SUPER easy, and also our shopping trip itself today was a lot easier!

I'm tallying my purchases and amount saved, for the next post. Stay tuned!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment